Upgrade to Cubase SX?

tourettes5139

Hey guys,

I'm using Cubasis VST 3.0 (old, old version of Cubase SE, or at least that is my guess), and I am wondering if it is worth it to upgrade to Cubase SX3, or put that money towards another mic or something. I guess what I want to know is, are there enough differences/upgrades present in SX3 compared to the older versions like VST/32 or whatever it was.

Thanks!! :D

I would definately say yes. What you are using isn't hardly even related to SX. When SX1.0 came out it was a complete revamping of the whole Cubase structure, engine, and most of the environment. I can't even imagine haveing to do everything in VST instead of SX. If you ever want to see just what SX will do, swing by the studio:)

Wow. That much of a difference, huh? Well, I think I know what I will be buying next! I've been reading through the PDF manual a bit, and it looks pretty cool, especially the part about being able to patch in hardware effects just as easily as a plugin. That really caught my eye.

I know a couple things that have bothered me with my software, and have really led me to think of upgrading. Plus, Cubase SX is just really cool. :p In my software, what really pisses me off is that there is no way to bus certain tracks to different outputs, and when I record multiple tracks I have to drag all of them from the audio pool every time I do a take. :mad:

Well, thanks, and I may have to take you up on that offer sometime!

Back