Upgrade Time, I Got a C1, Thinkn of getn a RODE NTK..

Don't have any experience with the C1, but the NTK is a great mic. I use it on everything. Some people criticize it however for being too hyped in the upper mids, so keep that in mind as it may be an issue for you. I'd say test out the NTK, Blue Baby Bottle, and maybe the Cad M9.

I've had both mics, and I'd say that the NTK is an upgrade. If you like the c1's tone you'll probably like the NTK, except that the NTK is much smoother. I've had it suck on some people and be awesome on others.

I'd probably get a rnp preamp or presonus mp20 or something like that over the meek.

when you say upgrade... is the NTK going to be your everyday mic...

I have a pair of both and neither are my goto mics...

My recommendation for an everyday mic at this price point is a 4050. It's about the same price and has three patterns.

I recently was in the market for a brighter, midrangy LD to compliment some of my darker vocal mics... I looked at the NTK as well as a few others. I auditioned several and it came down to the NTK and the BLUE Baby Bottle. I've got to say, side by side, it was tough, but I ended up falling for the Baby. I absolutely love this thing. Like mentioned above, the NTK can be a bit too hyped on uppermids, which at first I thought "GREAT I NEED THAT" but it got annoying, always having to cut some EQ there. I tried out the Baby and it just blew my mind. Great mic for an unbeatable price. Oh, and there are a bunch of sites (as well as GC if you show them a quote) that will throw in the shock mount, pop filter (which I found useless, you still need a real pop filter) and a blueberry cable.

Hope that helps.

Back