Updates at Bargain Basement Recording of Duluth

rickertd

Guitar Dawg
We finally moved the PC we are using for Cubase editing into the control room and got it linked in through the big Mackie! Also, we put the pool table in the live room on wheels so it can move out of the way. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks....ControlRoom2.jpgLiveRoom.jpg

OK..we moved again. This time to an new location with a better alignment for control room to sound room and a built in vocal booth. Everything is a work in progress again, but here are the results so far..._DSC5803.jpg_DSC5806.jpg_DSC5807.jpg_DSC5808.jpg_DSC5810.jpg_DSC5811.jpg

I think I'm jealous, The place looks amazing, it's so retro looking, like a recording studio in the seventies... apart from the computer and keyboards...

Not trying to be a turd - it looks great! - but you should try to get those nearfield monitors down closer to ear level.

Loving the space and the vaulted ceiling!

Thanks for the advice and the complement! I'm sure you are right about the monitors. I'm going to try moving them right now.

Looks like a great place to jam!! Where is your computer set up in relation to everything else? I can't seem to find where it is actually located in the room.

Also, I agree about the monitors needing to be lowered!

Thanks...the monitors have been moved and they are better! The computer is located just to the left of the Mackie 32x8 under the desk the monitor is sitting on. Multi-track recording is done on an Alesis HD-24 24 track hard drive recorder and mixed down through the Mackie to either the computer for mastering, or to an Akai DR4-d, or to a Tascam CD-RW700 directly to CD.

Thanks, SummerProject...here are some photos of the isolation booth and the door to the control room from the house.ControlRoom(sm).jpgDSC_7015(sm).jpgSoundBooth1(sm).jpg

Now the floors are finished in the tracking room and the isolation booth is almost complete (just a little more sound treatment to go)IsoBooth2.jpgIsolationBooth.jpgTrackingRoom.jpgTrackingRoom2.jpgTrackingRoom3.jpgTrackingRoom4.jpgTrackingRoom5.jpgTrackingRoom-IsoBooth.jpg

Pool table on wheels is probably good for recording- moving it around- but not so good for shooting pool. You'd have to re-level the table every time you moved it.

Why do people shoot pool, anyway? You can't eat 'em!

Stevieb...it seemed like a good idea at the time. A better idea was what we finally did, which was to move the entire studio into a new area. You can see some of the photos of the new area above...nice wood floors and vaulted cealing for the tracking room and a better alignment for the control room, with an isolation booth built in. So, the pool table is back on solid footing in its own game room again :)

Pretty cool sir. Equipment wise, very much like my system (analog board and an HD24). Looks like you could make records there.

Back