Up and Down

K-dub

The vid is basically just stock video pieced together to semi-storyline the music.

I'm looking for mix comments. I can replace the track in the exact same location in the vid.

Been a busy summer ... starting to come back inside and work on stuff again.

Thanks in advance!

Kev-

Oddly Y-tube appears to have manipulated the audio slightly. I've included the audio only from Soundcloud for folks to compare.

The vid is basically just stock video pieced together to semi-storyline the music.

I'm looking for mix comments. I can replace the track in the exact same location in the vid.

Been a busy summer ... starting to come back inside and work on stuff again.

Thanks in advance!

Kev-

Guitar that comes in on the right is way too bright.

I also think that you're also asking about the relationship between the video and the audio (otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it), but when the drums come in, all is forgiven.

"The vid is basically just stock video pieced together to semi-storyline the music."

In that case, it worked. I mean, lyrics appeared and synched. Well-pieced.

The connection between 'you're not the only one' and the rest of the song is perfect.

I saw a face in that starry sky portion in the vid. I don't think it's 'stock video just pieced together'. There's nothing stock about it.

Liked the tune, BTW. I'd've sung along.

Best I've listened to in a while.

When Frank first sent his drum part, he played the second verse very straightforward. I wanted it up tempo and akimbo. I don't know why I mention that, but I just remembered it.

The song is about acceptance of life, and choice of attitude toward in forward engagement. Life is long, often arduous, and our mere being born arrives with inherent challenges of living - including watching everything we know die (there's always distance left to fall - it doesn't matter who you are). Some folks choose to anesethetize themselves - they "check out early". Yet we are all a very tiny part of a VERY large universe. In that context, we may be insignificant, but we also choose to be how we engage in the only life we're currently aware of. Don't get too wrapped up in yourself or life's miseries. We are all dealing with the same thing.

In that loose definition, that's what I'm trying to get across in the video.

Last edited:
I Love the drums and bass tone. The vocal build up's were Real nice. I also appreciated the right hand guitar work. No crits' or suggestions from me on this first listen. Very good job. I enjoyed it .. mark

Back