UNPLUGGED version of "Conformity"... interesting.

Teddie

Hi HR buds,

I created an unplugged version of "Conformity" if anyone's interested.

I just killed all the other instruments except the acoustics and vocals.

It's interesting for me to hear it like this.

The song is called "Conformity (Unplugged)" and It's here: http://mp3.com/smartapple

Thanks,
Teddie

The difference here is that your voice is highlighted and you can hear the acoustic better. In the first place, you've got a really nice to listen to voice, and that sound you got on that acoustic is excellent. So should you go with the unplugged version? It makes no difference, unless you're really ambitious. :D Both are legitimate versions. I'm slightly partial to the all-acoustic version, but only because I'm getting tired of electric guitars these days - it's like a formula that so many people don't have the imagination to break out of. But my guess is that if you want to make your mp3.com earnings even bigger than they are now, you should go with the electric version. Which, ironically, is a form of conformity. :)

It was really nice hearing this really nice song again.

dobro, hello friend. I'm probably going to keep both versions. I kind of get a kick out of listening to both versions back-to-back - audible contrasts I guess. I'm going to have both versions on the CD when I finally release it. Separated by other tracks. Kind of like the Sublime thing with the 2 versions of "What I got"... The "acoustic-only" version was actually my original idea for the song and I was going to try and do the vox parts as well at Bucky's studio that same day, but we kind of ran out of time and me and my family had to fly back east. Thank you for the kind words and the always in-depth comments... I dig your posts a lot.

Rob, thanks bro. I'm gonna try and send you an email sometime this week to see how things are going with you and your music. We'll chat.

Teddie...

Listening to your tunes is like watching The Food Channel....

....you're always serving up something really tasty! ;)

Good stuff, bro... :)

Buck

Buck, bruddah, you're too kind.

Hey, by the way, I mentioned this in some other thread about the original version, but I'm going to be sending you the vox tracks, but I'm not sure I have the raw ones (from trying to create hard drive space I may have deleted a version with the raw vox tracks)... ugh.

Back