University courses!?

Euan_Fox

Hey all, I'm pretty sure there's nowhere in the forum for anything like this, so I'll just go ahead and put it here.

I'm going to university (hopefully) in September and I would really like to go somewhere other than the UK. Anyone got any info? I'm looking to study music technology. I have found a whole bunch in the UK, but none anywhere else in the world. I think it might have something to do with Google only showing me local searches, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Basically what I'm asking is if anyone has attended or knows someone that has attended an undergraduate course somewhere outside of the UK. I'll be thankful for any info! :)

Give Steenamaroo a PM and ask him about what's going on in the UK he just finished up not to long ago.

Umass Lowell(massachusetts), University of Hartford(connecticut), and University of New Haven(connecticut). All offer a recording major.

If you want your university course to give you any chance of getting employment afterwards you don't have many choices.

In the UK it's the Tonmeister course at the University of Surrey in Guildford, the NFTS (National Film and Television School) in Beaconsfield (if you want a job in film or TV) and LIPA in Liverpool.

Outside the UK, there is the original Tonmeister course in Germany.

There are so many people around with "recording" or "music technology" degrees that you need to go to a major university with a top-notch degree course to stand any chance of the degree being any use.

I know you want to leave the UK but the Tonmeister course at the University of Surrey is pretty much the best in the world.

+1 to that. Their links into the industrial are really hard to find anywhere else. The third year is always a placement working for various companies and studios like studio installation, mixing desk desgin, assistant engineers go to all the big studios like Air, Abbey Road etc. every year. You can miss out the third year... but you'd be mad to as that's the whole point!!

Back