unitor8 midi not working

fatone

I just bought a unitor8 mkII and am trying to use the triton and roland jv2080 sound module with it. I setup the triton's midi out and midi in on the unitor's midi in1 and mid out1 and the jv2080's midi out and midi in on the unitor's midi in2 and mid out2. From what I read, if I am not in a computer sequencing program (such as Logic), I will be in patch mode.

I cannot hear sounds from the triton when I hit the keys. I have Local control off on the triton, and when I turn it 'on', I hear sounds. Isn't the unitor8 suppose to send the midi back to the triton?

The midi in 1 light of the unitor8 comes on as soon as the triton goes on. It isn't flashing, but it is kind of dimmed. To me, that suggests that midi data is coming into the unitor8 from the triton. I checked everything I could think of on the triton and that light stays on. Is this an error? Do I got a faulty NEW unitor8

BTW, I am on a PC and have downloaded the latest drivers from emagic's/apple's ftp area.

Eh - No...

Not sure about PC's...

But, I have an AMT8 (The little brother to the Unitor8)...
When you are not using your DAW - The Unitor WILL work as you say... And NO it's not broken...

The patch mode that you're talking about is exaclty THAT - A PATCH mode... On the Mac - There is a little applet that you can download that actually controls these 'patches'... There are about 10 of them that allow you to control how the Unitor will function while you are not using a DAW... The Unitor will default to the first 'patch' in this list...

But you have to be able to edit it to do what you want in the first place...
Go to this link: http://www.emagic.de/support/download/unitorW.php?lang=EN And download the 'Unitor 8 Control 3.0.5' - I think this may help setup what you need...

Good Luck...

The problem was a bad midi cable. I checked this, but I guess it slipped pass me. The wire got caught under the desk! Thanks for the reply though

Back