Unique problem?

popmirrorman

Hi all

I'm new here and new to home recording. I have a problem with Cubase 6 with Audiogram3 interface. Been looking for a solution for weeks but i seem to be the only one with this problem.

Quite simply, everything i record through the interface is too loud. Whether it's vocals, guitar, whatever. Even with the level on audiogram turned to zero, it still peaks on the cubase metre.

For example. with the level turned to zero on the interface and the mic plugged in (button in mic position, phantom power off) it registers and peaks when i sing into the mic. if i turn the mic of at the switch i get nothing (as you would expect)

So far i]ve got around this by turning my guitars down very low on the volume on the actual instrument and holding the mic further away from me when i sing. However this causes problems with multitrack recording as i can't hear the instrument i am playing over the recorded track as the input volume is so low.

I hope i explained that ok.

FYI, i am using the aios directx driver that came with the interface. Codec USB is set up in my inputs and outputs. I tried downloading the yamaha driver from their website but cubase freezes whenever i try to switch from the aiso driver so i gave up on that. If anyone has any ideas, i;m desperate, i'll try anything.

Thanks for your time

Ian.

That does indeed sound weird. The only "mic" I have that will do that by default is the home made sub kick I made, but I knew when I made it I was going to need to pad it on the way in (and my pres have pads).

Have you tried any other mic at this point?

Hello popmirrorman,

It is quite strange that Cubase freezes when you try to use the Yamaha drivers.
Our interfaces use those drivers and they all work fine.
Please make sure that you have the latest version of Cubase installed.
If that does't work, then delete the preferences of Cubase, the instructions on how to delete the preferences of Cubase are on the link bellow:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/suppor...ow/removing-the-preferences-of-the-sequencer/

On what operating system are you? 64 or 32 bits?

Best regards,
GN

Back