Uncertain on inputs

Tru

Hello. I have Boss BR-8 zipdisc and no way to get songs to CD but my Tascam 2488 Neo. I am new to hooking recording gear together so my question is do I plug in to E and I for stereo or use a 2-1 cable. If you have the time to help ai thank you.

It's a little unclear to me... exactly what your asking....

But if you're wanting to send song data from the BR8 to the 2488 so that you can burn it to a CD - you should be able to simply connect the "L/R line outs" of the BR8 to any two inputs of the 2488 and play your finished product/song into the 2488 and record it in real time. I don't own the 2488 so it's unclear if you can simply internally route those two tracks directly to the CD burner - or whether you have to go through a formal mixdown step first - then burn that to a CD. You probably know already?

But yeah.... the connectivity should be pretty straight forward. It looks as though the 2488 will accept the line signals from the BR8.

Sorry about my scrambled message. That is what I thought and tried but I only had signal on one channel.. I appreciate your answer. Maybe I should have asked if line voltage is safe to plug in to the track inputs. Thanks. Time to go see again

Sorry about my scrambled message. That is what I thought and tried but I only had signal on one channel.. I appreciate your answer. Maybe I should have asked if line voltage is safe to plug in to the track inputs. Thanks. Time to go see again
By “line voltage” are you talking about line level signal? Line voltage typically means the voltage at the power outlet. That definitely would not be safe to connect to an audio input.

By “line voltage” are you talking about line level signal? Line voltage typically means the voltage at the power outlet. That definitely would not be safe to connect to an audio input.
Hi. The line out of the BR8 are unbalanced stero RCA jacks which I ran to 2 inputs of my Neo. Only 1 track had signal.But when I went straight to my monitors both sies worked . So I dont know. Thanks for being there. Laugh

Back