ultimate chorus

gitrguy87

I have a Fender Ultimate Chorus. It has 2 12" speakers in it. If I attach a 1/4" jack from the extra + and - on the speakers, will it act as an external speaker jack? If so, i plan on doing this to both speakers to run them stereo for external speakers.

Attachments

• PB080138.JPG
    PB080138.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 66
yes, but make sure polarity is correct. dont run your Fender Ultimate Chorus while using the speakers as an exteranal cabinet, also it might not be necessary but I would disconnect the amps leads to the speakers while using it a s a external cabinet.

I think i may have stated that wrong. I'm trying to use external cabinets with the amp. Not use a different amp with the speakers inside the Fender.

It would be better if you disconnect the speakers (in the cab) then run a line to the external cabs. If you leave the speakers connected and tap a line off them you will change the impedance. Make sure the external cabs are both 8 ohms. If you tap the extra terminals on the amp speakers and run the lines parralell you will get 4 ohms (more strain on the amp) but not likely to cause damage unless you run it at high volume for a long peroid of time. I used to do the same thing with a Princeton Chorus and never hurt it.

Back