UAD1 or Powercore

thedogmixer

Hello, which one do i get the UAD1 or Powercore? Im out of processiong power, do they significently improve the amount of extra plug ins you can use? I understand that you must you the dedicated ones.....
I probably run 50 plug ins at a time presently and i would like to increase this by at least another 50. ( i hate bouncing down into audio)

I Make cross over electronica stuff with live instrumentation but i also record and mix bands ranging from folk to punk

Any help would be aprreciated

Cheers

Matt w

If you are looking for pure processing power (i.e. doubling your plug in count) you will need to put that money into an upgrade path for your hardware. Neither of those DSP cards will siginificantly raise your plug in count like you need.

xstatic said:
If you are looking for pure processing power (i.e. doubling your plug in count) you will need to put that money into an upgrade path for your hardware. Neither of those DSP cards will siginificantly raise your plug in count like you need.

........because the plugins that they run are very high quality/MIPS intensive. Those cards aren't meant to let you run a boatload of mediocre plugins, they're meant to run a handfull of very high quality plugins.

A hundred plugins? You may need to look at a second computer running a VST link program.

Both of those cards are pretty good. I have a UAD-1 and the quality of the plugs is streets ahead of what comes with Cakewalk. UAD are making a 'big' announcement on May 20, so I wouldn't buy anything until then

thedogmixer said:
its possible to hook to computers up? This is interesting any where i can read up on this

Cheers

Matt Watts

I haven't used it, but here's the link for FX Teleport......

"FX Teleport is a unique and revolutionary DAW networking solution. From now on it's not only possible, but also very easy, to use as many computers as you want for your DAW. Just launch your favorite VST host on one machine and VST instruments and FX on the others, and enjoy working on your ‘audio processing farm’. You can even dedicate a whole computer to your favorite VST synth."

http://www.fx-max.com/fxt/product.html

Back