uad-1 compatablity question

doctornads

I have the asus a8r 32 mvp-deluxe mother board and I just wanted to know if anyone has had issues with this board and a uad-1 card. Also should i get the UAD-1 express card. If so is it a express x16 card or express x1 card. Or should i get the normal UAD-1 card and does that just go into the normal pci slot. Thanks
Josh

The express card just came out about a month ago, I don't know anything about it. The pci card is just normal pci, nothing strange at all.

Well for the normal uad-1 on their website it says it recomends a agp slot and does not recomend a pci slot. Is there a pci version (not pcie) or should i not worry about wut they say

where do u get that? AGP is for graphics cards only (accelerated GRAPHICS port), the older UAD are PCI2.1 and the e ones are PCIe

Last edited:
doctornads said:
Well for the normal uad-1 on their website it says it recomends a agp slot and does not recomend a pci slot. Is there a pci version (not pcie) or should i not worry about wut they say
They don't make an AGP version. It's just pci or pcie.

Wow im stupid and dont know how to read. lol I miss understood wut it said and it says they recomend an agp graphics card not a pci graphics card. For some reason i thought it said and agp slot which wouldnt make sense cuz it wouldnt fit in both so ya haha

I am curious about this is as well. I am going to see if I can find out whether the new PCI express UAD is x16, x4, or x2. I have heard that there is no additional processing power on the PCIe version, but that due to the nature of PCIe compared to standard PCI that users may experience a higher plug in count. I can not logically think why at this point, but I do know that with all of the current motherboards out that utilize PCI express slots, it is hard to find one that offers enough standard PCI ports so freeing up a slot would certainly be a good thing for me:)

Then again, I am also waiting to see how Duende and Liquid Mix sound;)

Back