Two Pairs of Monitors?

fenderguy4life

Seems like a silly question but I'd be lost if I broke something now. I have a pair of M-Audio powered speakers that run from my external audio interface. Is it possible to run a pair of old Yamaha EM150 unpowered YES speakers in the chain? The Yamahas have 2 speaker jacks on the back of each enclosure.

Well...you're going to need an amp to power the Yamaha speakers....and some kind of signal split that goes both to the amp, and to your other powered speakers.

Okay thanks guys. Yeah, I was just thinking of adding more sound to the room. I do have the amp that goes with the speakers, but the signal split idea has me at a loss. I thought it might be easy to go M-Audio--> Yamahas--> Audio Interface. I was thinking kinda backwards. It happens.:facepalm:

Okay thanks guys. Yeah, I was just thinking of adding more sound to the room. I do have the amp that goes with the speakers, but the signal split idea has me at a loss. I thought it might be easy to go M-Audio--> Yamahas--> Audio Interface. I was thinking kinda backwards. It happens.:facepalm:

Yeah, don't use two pairs of speakers at once. It would be like a page printed twice but not in alignment, a double image that wrecks the clarity.

Also, you will benefit from thinking in terms of signal flow. So: interface -> monitors rather than the other way around.

Yeah, don't use two pairs of speakers at once. It would be like a page printed twice but not in alignment, a double image that wrecks the clarity.

Also, you will benefit from thinking in terms of signal flow. So: interface -> monitors rather than the other way around.
Well put. Thank you.

Back