Two new songs to check out!

soldierone

the future is amazing...
I've been working on a lot of new material lately, and it's all coming together nicely so far. I haven't added the vocals to either track yet, but it's nice to see where we stand at this point. Take a listen to both of these new songs and let me know how the mix sounds. I'm most interested in comments on things that sound out of place, and things that might improve the overall mix. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------

I posted an earlier mix of this track about a month ago... The first mix was decent, but the drums lacked the punch I wanted them to have and the guitar tone still wasn't right for the song. I've changed some compression settings on the drums to get them to hit harder, and I completely re-recorded the guitar parts with a different tone. I'm really happy with the new mix, but it's always nice to hear what other people think.
(here's a link to the older mix if you'd like to hear the difference:
)

----------------------------------------------------

This track is significantly different from the first one... The first thing I'll point out is that the arrangement is a little odd. The last section of the song will probably be pushed out a bit further with a new section inserted in what is currently only a two measure break (around 3:53). I'll probably do something interesting vocally in the new larger break to add an interesting dynamic to the song before the outro section. I'm still open to ideas in that part of the song, so feel free to throw them out there!

Back