Two new ones.. are they worthy ??

lanac

I just uploaded two new songs ... we are thinkin of putting these on our CD ....

since we have soo many songs .. I thought it would kind of be cool to get others opinions of these since I had acoustic versions of them ....

anyway .. do you guys feel they are worthy of production ??

I know this is a little different than what you are used to .. but I could really use some advice on these ...

Thanks Guys !!! Lana

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1773/1773840.html

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/1773/1773827.html

my harmonies on Half the man suck in this recording ... I had a cold .... lol

anyway there you go .... Lana

I listened to 'Half the Man'.

I'm not going to start talking about the performance or mixing because I get the impression you just want opinions on the song itself. In my opinion it is well worth recording. I think it need more than the single acoustic to hold interest musically...maybe some well thought out strings ? I don't know what sound you are going for. I like the major to minor change with your harmony following the maj/min third down.

In short if you spend some more time on the harmonies, and get the main vocalist to sing a bit more distinctly ( or maybe it was the eq, probably a bit of both though ) I think this song could hold its head high in its genre.

pAp.

Thank you pap .. We just recorded that on a 4 track .. lol..

we were trying to get some of our original material down, yanno so we could hear it back .. lol

I agree on everything you said .. and I hadnt thought of strings !! awesome advice .. Thanks !! Lana

Listened to them both, I liked "Dont You Know" very much .Very good song in that style. You should do it for real!"Half a Man" is good also but I think that you should do a little more work on it .
It just doesnt appear queit as developed as the other song. IMHO
The story of that song didnt seem to match the tempo..Jusy my opinion.You have a very good talent for lyrics!

Don
I listened lofi all my comp. will do..

I listened to Half the Man.

The sound: it could be clearer, more detailed, and more upfront, couldn't it? It's really muddy, probably the 4-track approach, right? It would sound way better with gear that could really capture the sound you're making. It might sound better without the reverb, come to that. I heard crackling distortion in some places - .59 - 1.05, for example.

The performance: you guys sing really well. Your harmonies are fine, although I think they should be louder, and match the male vocal when they come in.

The song: it's okay, but if I was a woman, I wouldn't be entirely flattered to hear a guy telling me he was so damaged that all I was getting was half of him... :D I'd want 100%. :) Nice chord change at 1.30. And that harmony change at the end matches the feel of the song right down to the ground.

The arrangement: I know you guys do your music together, but wouldn't this be better done by him alone, wouldn't it be more effective that way? It's a song from a man to a woman, not a song from both or shared by both.

The song was written by Randal ...

my input on the song was just harmony ...

and yes the song was done on a 4 track .. I ripped the song from cassette .. and uploaded it purely for the purpose of getting feedback as to wether people thought the song worthy of production ...

these songs are FAR from a finished product .. they are purely raw ...

just for FEEDBACK on the SONGS ..not the productions of them ..

thanks for you input ! Lana

I listened to "Half the Man" as I only listen to one song per request.

Although I don't go in for sad country songs, it was pretty well recorded and mixed. Both vocals were pretty good. The female vocalist reminded me of Mazzy Star which is kind of cool. I would like to hear some electric slide guitar or blues guitar on this song.

Back