Two midi controllers

delirium trigge

I've never done this and I would like if anyone can instruct me. I have the FCB1010 which will change the banks and amp I'm using. But then I have the Pod hd500 which I use as a midi controller which will do both, but I kinda want to just use it for effects, which I know how to program it to do.

How would I go about using both at the same time. Do I go midi out from the FCB1010 into midi into the line 6 and midi out to the 1101, amplitube, or anything else I'm using? (1101 is my live rig with mesa 50/50 power amp through mesa cab, at home I do the same thing with amplitube) Or do I wire it the other way around?

I have tried to get the FCB 1010 to do more than just simply change the banks, but it won't do it. If I want to use the wah pedal on it, I'd have to turn the wah on via a patch that already has it on, or turn it on with the hd500.

I'm okay with having two midi controllers. Because I end up with too many patch's that are the same amp with different effects because they won't all fit on one.

How would I go about using both at the same time. Do I go midi out from the FCB1010 into midi into the line 6 and midi out to the 1101, amplitube, or anything else I'm using? (1101 is my live rig with mesa 50/50 power amp through mesa cab, at home I do the same thing with amplitube) Or do I wire it the other way around?

I pretty sure you'll need a MIDI THROUGH instead of OUT in order to do this. On some devices the OUT can act as THROUGH.

There might be other solutions that I'm not aware of, so I'd wait for someone else to chime in here.

Back