Twin or Cybertwin

Souldoubt

OK Guys......... am buying a new amp. I currently have a Fender Hot rod deluxe and a Peavey Delta Blues. Both of these amps are great in my opinion But I have found myself recently in situations where I actually needed more power. The 40watt Fender and the 30 Watt Peavey really crank and are great for small and medium clubs and I thought they would be the end-all for my amp set-up but I was wrong. So, I am thinking of the Fender Cybertwin or a 100w Twin (all tube). Have any of you had experience with the Cybertwin. I have played many a fender twin and I know how great they sound, But I am thinking of killing two birds with one stone. I also use a Boss GT6 and a roland GR33 synth. Depending on the quality of the effects on the Cybertwin I could possibly retire the Boss to the studio and save me 3' of stage space upfront. If I buy the Cyber I could benefit from not having to have so much real estate up front. However If I buy the twin I don't benefit from saving any space but I get one of the best amps made today. So if you have experience with the Cybertwin let me hear from you. Is this hybrid amp cracked up to what all the hype says about it?????

I'm deeply biased,but...

...there's NO comparison between the two Fenders...the Twin wins hands down in every aspect!
I speak both as a tube repairman and musician (my guitarist has a 1964 Blackface).
Let the hype aside and take the old amp...you'll live happy ever after!
Good luck,
PS
Don't get fooled about Cyber's gimmicks.Both your GT6 and GR33 cannot be supplied!

wow, you need more power than what a HRD gives? man, your drummer must be a monster :)

If you play with a band, then the real twin is the way. I would also upgrade the speakers with a couple of webers (california + texas would be my pick) personally i would go for the twin reverb reissue. but i like more vintage tones though.

i would only go with the modelling amp if you just played at home and did demo recordings. BTW the Vox valvetronix has a more "sweet tube fendery" feel than the cybertwin.

Thank You folks. Yes my drummer is a monster is does drown me out now and then. The tubes are the way to go. Thanks for the feedback and for talking me off that ledge.

Back