TV trailer cue (sons of anarchy, breaking bad style) live guitar & vocals

Duesenberg

currently mixing...so any comments are appreciated

[MP3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42593372/IMCN.mp3[/MP3]

thanks and merry xmas

Reminds me of Pink Floyd. Nice mood to the song.

I can't hear the vocal. For an ambient piece like this, it might be what you want. But if you want the vocal to be heard, you should back the instruments down. It's tough to hear the lead guitar too.

It seems really loud and compressed. I think you could back off of that a little.

I'm hearing some low end rumble in the bass. It's a bit muddy. You might want to cut some real low end - like in the 60hz - 100hz range. You might also want to cut in the 300hz range.

Takes people a bit to catch up... ;)

I hear the bass issues Triple M mentions. I think it's some note clashes occurring in the low end, like low end dissonance. May want to review note choices there.

Agree vocals and lead guitar at times are too far back in the mix. That's easy to fix, just bring them up or bring everything else down.

Overall the mix and performance quality is good. Any further opinion from me would be personal preference.

Very nice. I think you nailed it. The vox and melodic stuff might be a bit quiet for an album production, but imo sits just right for your purpose. I really like it!

Definitely badass. As said before, as a song itself it doesn't any part in particular to stand on... but accompanying bits of video, especially with dialogue mixed in, would probably be awesome.

Back