Tuva Or Bust

Hum, my feedback on the surface, seems the vocals were a bit too loud, what bass was there rumbled a bit, and the piano lacked body and the drums were nearly absent.

I didn't think the speaking part sounded like rap, just sounded like it was speaking more to music or speaking in cadence.

Pretty good, work the mix a bit more. Hopefully you post with an update.

Wow you have quite an air of confidence. When you're timid, you're confidently timid. And when you're out of your element, you're confidently out of it. And when you're in your element, that's when you're best of all.

Lyrics are definitely your element.

As far as the rap, I appreciate the variety in the idea, and the things you're saying are amazing and mindblowing. And your rhymes are genius. But you nailed it in your post, white people rapping... enough said. If it WAS just speaking to a cadence, it didn't sound like a person just naturally speaking, it sounded more like a person reciting. So I think either the presentation or the delivery of that section could be improved.

But did I mention how amazing and mindblowing the rest of the song is!?

What is that driving instrument providing the dun-dun-dun beat in the background? Great idea.

JJ.

It's great, and I like it. There's a thing with the quiet vocal though - the effect is blurring the clarity a bit and making the lyrics slightly less comprehensible sometimes. Check lines like 'the new one too' - it's like whatever effect you're working the vocal with is eating the consonants. How about running the dry track at a modest volume underneath the effected track and putting a ton of parallel compression on it so that the consonants really pop?

What's in Tuva? :)

Thanks for the feedback.

DM60: Yeah I agree about the piano. I will try to get it sounding bigger and fuller. I always get into trouble with too much bass. I will try to fix that. There's not really supposed to be much in the way of drums. I agree the vocals are too loud, thanks, that's hard to judge.

joejohnstun: So what I'm hearing is, "I laughed! I cried! It was better than "Cats"! Except for the parts that sucked!" Seriously though, thanks for your thoughts and encouragement. The dun dun dun is a fake "cello".

dobro: Thanks. Yeah I agree it's a little blurry in places. I'll take a look and see what I can do to clear it up...I did actually try parallel compression but it got hissy and the mouth smacking noises got even louder so I ditched it. I'll experiment some more.
What's in Tuva? THROAT SINGING!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY1pcEtHI_w

Back