Tuscam 3200+logic pro 9(what in the world!)

yaybo

Hello everyone how are you doing? I have purchased my tuscam 3200 dm today and I was trying to get it to control logic pro 9 which i was successful at getting my faders on the board to move logic faders.....The two things that gave me the most problems I wasn't able to hit play,record,stop, on the 3200 to control logic at all..and the second problem I was having was not being able to get sound out of my monitors once the IF-FW/DM mkII interface card was selected as my output in system preferences!

The TASCAM DM mixing desks have a layer completely dedicated to controlling Logic Pro. This will work on both Logic 7 & 8. The setup is very similar on both logic 7 & 8 but for this tutorial I will show Logic 8 as it is the the most up to date. This tutorial will show how to setup the DM4800 but the DM3200 has the exact same setup minus 8 faders.

First we will set up the desk so it functions as a controller for Logic. enable the [ALT] light and press the remote button [CLR]. On this screen press pod button number 2 to bring you to the second page. Using Pod rotary 4 scroll down to MC for Logic (Mackie control for logic). Using the cursor keys highlight the Add button (arrow to right) press enter. This will add a mc for logic to the list in the center of the screen. Using the cursor keys highlight the circle below TRA in the list. Pressing enter will put a play icon in the circle.

Press Pod button 3 will bring you to the external control screen. This is where the faders get setup. Using Pod Rotary 4 scroll down to the 24MC for Logic (DM3200 says 16MC). Using the cursor keys highlight Add and press enter. this will put a MC for logic in the list. This is the DM's controller setup complete.

Back