Turtle Beach Santa Cruz WDM drivers.

Jim Y

I've just replaced a SBLive card with a Santa Cruz. I was hoping the DLS synth would replace the Soundfonts for GM midi playback.
However, the DLS sounds awful. I don't just poor quality sample, there is distortion and the pitch is all over the place! I have dual boot, with Win98SE and Win2k. I was originally using Win9x (VxD) drivers in the 98 partition and the DLS was fine.
Anybody else notice this? Turtle Beach support say there's no problem that they know of.

Cheers

Sorry, I didn't make myself too clear.
I am using the latest drivers and in my 98SE partition I installed the new "Beta" WDM drivers. It's the same story in Win2K with the 2k/XP WDM drivers.
I know there's nothing wrong with the DLS soundset itself because it was fine in 98SE using the basic Win9x vxd drivers -but these arn't the best for Sonar.
I'm getting around to thinking dual o/s is the cause here - because the Santa Cruz card carries a configuration EEPROM memory. What if it's been corrupted by having conflicting settings from 2 seperate installs?
The audio side is fine. I also have an Audiophile2496 in my pc and under win2k, I have succeeded in 8 track recording using all available inputs from both cards.

Back