Tunes done on a VF16 for your enjoyment (or not)

THX1136

Bonehead
Thought I'd point anyone interested to a couple of tunes I did on my VF16 about 4 years ago. They are 2 song parodies done entirely on my VF16 without any regard to small problems like my own off key singing in places. They are at http://www.soundlift.com/juanfernandes

The titles in question are Feliz Navidad Parody and Bomb Saddam. Comments welcome especially in regards to overall mix which I always feel very challenged at getting right - especially the low end which probably won't be very accurate in mp3 form anyway.

Besides the VF16 I used my 4001 for bass, cheap Casio keyboard for strings, horns and percussion, cheap Fernandes acoustic for guitar, SM57 for mic (vocal and guitar) and Behringer DIs (both the guitar version and the regular one).

Thanks for your comments. I don't much like the low eq available on the VF, but that is not an excuse for not getting it better.

Thanks for your comments. I don't much like the low eq available on the VF, but that is not an excuse for not getting it better.

Yeah, mixing low end on the VF is almost impossible. I'd like to know who the genius was that set the low end in stone at 400Hz.

Yeah, 100 or 150Hz would have made more sense in a way. Actually since the other bands have sweepable freqs I don't understand why they couldn't do the same for the low end. I imagine money was involved in that decision.

Back