Tube mics...?

I'd try them all and see...I would think that the V69 might be good for the female vox..Maybe the NTK for the male vocals...The T3 with its patterns would prob. be the most versitile..But its all just a guess

Don

I have the T-3 / RNP combo and by my experiance it would be my choice for either voice. When I have pumped a loud gravelly voice to it they just purred with satisfaction.

Sir D if you didn't live so far away I'd let you borrow mine!

I really like the NTK...mainly because it makes me sound good. (I'm a terrible singer.) :)

But the T3's extra patterns would probably put it on top of my own list, since I'm always looking for versatility in my mics. (I don't own a T3, and I've only tried the C3...)

I haven't used any of those other than the NTK, and I like mine a lot.

I would steer clear of the 3060, because it's phantom powered. Don't tubes need more juice than phantom power can provide? Doesn't this make the 3060 a "toob" mic?

I'm seriously asking.

ntk makes me sound intimate strong and sexy! If you sing love songs through the NTK it will make women start getting wet.
Well.......some women.

tjohnston said:
ntk makes me sound intimate strong and sexy! If you sing love songs through the NTK it will make women start getting wet.
Well.......some women.

Yeah, I don't have a tube mic. I have made many women wet with my singing. (I set off the fire sprinklers)!!

HaHa!

F) None Of The Above.

A cheap toob mic ain't gonna be any better than a FET condenser mic of the same price... the FET condenser might actually be better in a bunch of applications... examine the tone and the texture of the instrument... not the markety bullshit that surround it.

Best of luck.

Back