TS/TRS Jack Prorection?

Joe Recorder

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I was wondering if anyone know's where I can find some insert's or something to protect my 1/4 inch jack's from corroding or from oxidation? I remember getting something a long time ago that was like a rubber plug that came with something I bought.
Thanks........Joe Recorder

Yes, more and more of the video studios are recommending rubbers over pro-rections to ensure the health and safety of their actors.

LMFAO

In my 15yrs as a musician and pro sound lackey I have never seen anybody use any kind of cable 'sheath'. Good cables use metals that are resistant to corrosion and usually just wiping them with a rag is sufficient. But I'm also an unplanned parent so maybe I'm not the best authority on covering your plug.

Actually I meant the jacks on the Omni Studio itself. I seen something similar on vcr's and stereo equipment when 1st taken out of the package. Maybe I should ask what is the best way to keep my soundcard inputs from oxidation so I don't get that static noise any time I move around?

Covina is a pretty dry environment so you should have less damage than my Newport Beach location and I haven't noticed any of this in the last 7 years. Your equipment will be obsolete long before oxidation makes it inoperable. The only jack damage I've noted was cat-induced.

Anyhow- trying to protect jacks from this sort of damage would require some fairly expensive and intrusive techniques.

I've heard some folks here sing the praises of some goop they wipe on the plug which will end up on the contacts in the jack but haven't felt the need to order any.

This is Southern California. Enjoy it!

Back