TRYING to set up a Delta 44...HELLLLP!

Shepherd

Okay, time to swallow my pride. I haven't had much time in the last couple of weeks to try to figure out my new M-Audio Delta 44, but now that I'm trying, I feel stoooopid.

I have a pretty decent (despite being a Duron) computer on the go: 1.1 gig, 384 MB RAM, etc. The card plugged in OK, the Device Manager says it's there and working fine, and the software is installed and comes up without any error messages or whatnot.

Now I just can't get the thing to display any levels. I have a source plugged in -- a minidisc player -- from a 18" microjack split directly to two 1/4" jacks into inputs 1 and 2 of the breakout box. I've been messing around with the 'mixer' software, trying to get it to display something -- anything! I KNOW the MD player works OK, because I've plugged headphones into the same 1/8" stereo jack and gotten fine sound.

I've tried going through the "Monitor Mixer" tutorial on the Midiman page, but no luck. Nothing I do seems to help, and as a non-computer kind of guy, I have to say their manual isn't very user-friendly.

Anyone out there willing to help? Please? I'm goin' nuts.

I have a delta RBus card and had the same problem. I was also running a SoundBlaster and windows 98 kept forcing them to share an IRQ. I completely uninstalled the SB and the delta worked fine. Then I reinstalled the SB and it went on to a different IRQ and now both work.

Make sure your settings in control panel/multimedia/audio are set to the delta 44 and not the default computer soundcard.

Back