Trying to "make it"

Thanks! I was thinking of doing the instruments with my voice too but I'm not sure if it will work.

Anyway, does anyone else have an opinion?

Last edited:
wow.

you definitely are great at that lo-fi pop thing.

production is amazing, songwriting is pop-solid, voice is excellent, recordings are great musicianship and low quality wise...but really i don't care if the music is good.

you could definitely get big playing out enough.

get shows together, sell cds...just get out there

Wow, sounds great. I really dig the vocals. Quality.

Mind if I ask what equipment you used to record these?

Wow, sounds great. I really dig the vocals. Quality.

Mind if I ask what equipment you used to record these?

Not at all!

I used a standard pc (gig of ram, 2 gig processor), a rode condenser mic, The drums are ezdrummer (played by me on a set of roland td3 v-drums), The bass is a real bass (yamaha, played by me), the piano is synthogy "ivory" (also played by me on a yamaha clavinova), electric guitar is real, Gibson epiphone (played by me) but I put it through Guitar rig 2, the nylon guitar (me again) is a real spanish "Raimundo" classical guitar, the voice is mine and so are the voices singing the harmony parts and anything else is Sampletank2! and a Mackie onyx 400f

Not at all!

I used a standard pc (gig of ram, 2 gig processor), a rode condenser mic, The drums are ezdrummer (played by me on a set of roland td3 v-drums), The bass is a real bass (yamaha, played by me), the piano is synthogy "ivory" (also played by me on a yamaha clavinova), electric guitar is real, Gibson epiphone (played by me) but I put it through Guitar rig 2, the nylon guitar (me again) is a real spanish "Raimundo" classical guitar, the voice is mine and so are the voices singing the harmony parts and anything else is Sampletank2! and a Mackie onyx 400f

what program did you use to mix it all together? the sound quality is pretty good for being so lo fi...it sounds great...i just finished my album as well two weeks ago...all i used was my pc, mic and guitar , everythign played by me as well...it is night and day from your style (mine is kinda dark and definetely not pop), but i can completely empathize with where you are coming from. now that i finished my cd, what do i do now? make another one? i guess i am going to try and ake music videos so i can have a visual element and access to you tube audiences. i posted a link to my album on a verifieds website for the edk network and in two weeks alone i got 350-400 downloads with 3.5 gig of my CD transferred on there. That was kinda cool....and once its on there its on there for good if there are alot of sources. the cool thing about that is that you are sharing y our music with people from all around the world.
plus it is free...and a relative secret so sshhh! ;)

(feel free to share a secret or two with me as well ;)

oh and a link to my music:

www.701studios.com

what program did you use to mix it all together? the sound quality is pretty good for being so lo fi...it sounds great...i just finished my album as well two weeks ago...all i used was my pc, mic and guitar , everythign played by me as well...it is night and day from your style (mine is kinda dark and definetely not pop), but i can completely empathize with where you are coming from. now that i finished my cd, what do i do now? make another one? i guess i am going to try and ake music videos so i can have a visual element and access to you tube audiences. i posted a link to my album on a verifieds website for the edk network and in two weeks alone i got 350-400 downloads with 3.5 gig of my CD transferred on there. That was kinda cool....and once its on there its on there for good if there are alot of sources. the cool thing about that is that you are sharing y our music with people from all around the world.
plus it is free...and a relative secret so sshhh! ;)

(feel free to share a secret or two with me as well ;)

oh and a link to my music:

www.701studios.com

Thanks for the info! Me and my brother are making a video to "cats and rats" but I'm not sure when it will be finished (or if it will). Another thing I've tryed is to sent some chain mails with the link to my songs on it. ( I know that it may not sound like a good idea but it it doesn't take much to do and if people like the tunes then they'll hopefully pass on the link!).
I listend to your music and I see what you mean by night and day style wise yours is definatelly darker! what program did you use to put all of your songs together with? I used cubase sx, by the way.

dude your songs are siiiiiick!
and ezdrummer is excellent.
man, I haven't heard any good ol' pop of that caliber on myspace....EVER.
good job.:)

yeah, I listened to all of the songs and I was definately impressed. sounds like a mix of muse, maroon 5, and the gotan project. Production sounds spot on. If I were you I'd try using a friend adder program to invite people to your page (if you don't mind basically spamming a bunch of people).

Back