Trying out some string sounds over a Metal backing

The strings sound pretty standard for symphonic metal. That is to say: they don't sound very realistic, but they sound decent. Better than Cradle of Filth, not as good as Metallica.

Some of the more stacatto sting don't sound as good. e.g. the stabs around 0:24 (and through the next passage). Maybe add some velocity automation to get it to sound less like a keyboard.

This sounds great to my ears! Only thing I noticed though is that maybe you could work on the fluidity of your guitar solos and make them flow more. Your riffs sound great though.Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! yeah, I still have to get used to that plugin, changing the velocity only felt like a change in volume. I´ll play around a bit more to learn how to humanize it better.

I'm having trouble distinguishing the melodic components of the strings from the guitars. They seem to make uncomfortable bedfellows. Your guitar tones are great, I'm not sure the strings are adding any value here

Thanks for the reply! yeah, I still have to get used to that plugin, changing the velocity only felt like a change in volume. I´ll play around a bit more to learn how to humanize it better.

Even if velocity only affects volume, it will still help humanize things. Everybody varies in volume occasionally; plus, most players vary their volume with the ebb and flow of the song itself.

Back