Trust Myself

HOLY CRAP MAN! this is some amazing stuff. could I have permission to put it on my mp3 player? this is amazingly written, recorded and mastard.... I think I'm gonna wet my pants...

AMAZING! no nit-picks

EDIT: actually on second listen the splash symbols sound a bit to loud but other than that it's awsome!

Last edited:
I think the performance and the sound is great. The only complaint I have is probably one that y'all must get a lot. It sounds just like .....

Thanks alot!

Did i mention we're a highschool band? I'm 17 and the singer is only 19.

I recorded it all through a behringer board with a DMP 3. I used a AT4040 for most of the tracks.

Thanks again!

HOLY CRUD! only a HS band... thats it, your now my nemisis. I must become the best of my age groop MUHAHAHA!!!

ok, seriusly though, thats amazing. once I get my mixer fixed I'll record my band.
though i doupt it will sound as good as this.

amazing job!

famous beagle said:
I think the performance and the sound is great. The only complaint I have is probably one that y'all must get a lot. It sounds just like .....

Were you gonna say Evanescence? (however it's spelled) That's what it sounds like to me.

I'm not a big fan of theirs but I think your song sounds real good. Can't think of anything to criticize except one of the drums sounds too loud.

The open hats are a little too loud compared to the snare which is a bit dull sounding. You could try and eq some more snap into the snare. Also maybe encode the mp3 at a higher bit rate - might help with the splashiness of the hats. Cool tune though, I like your vocalist, you've got a good start here

Yeah the drums are a little L O U D.
You've captured someone else's sound really well.
Good recording & playing.
NOW
Go Your Own Way.
That might mean altering the sense of dynamics, using more of the intro sound, changing the guitar sounds to something less generic & more personal, rocking out a bit more - you find it.
You'll be terrific.

danny.guitar said:
Were you gonna say Evanescence? (however it's spelled) That's what it sounds like to me.

I'm not a big fan of theirs but I think your song sounds real good. Can't think of anything to criticize except one of the drums sounds too loud.

Yes, that's the one. It's pretty much a dead ringer. I mean, y'all are great for a high school band, but you've got to carve out your own sound. Well, I guess you don't HAVE to. Lots of sound-a-like bands do have hits, but most of them fall by the wayside very quickly.

Thanks for everything guys.

Do you think I hit it too hard with the L2? And is the bass under control? I'm getting used to a new room, so I have no idea how accurate the bass is, and I can beceme a sucker for volume sometimes so please put me in my place. ;)

Sounds REALLY good. I'd reduce the level of the delay on the main vox a little. At 2:32 watch the mix compression/limiting because the guitar is getting squashed by compression when the drum comes in.

Tim's right - this sounds really good. The keyboards are excellent. The guitar equally impressive. Drums could use a bit more definition on the snare and little eq trim on the tom to tone down the boom a bit. Vocals are outstanding....and I like the echo you've applied....

If you are doing this well now, I expect to hear you on the radio later on....keep up the good work.

:) :D :) :)

Back