Truss Rods

they're easy ........ just tighten them down 'till you hear a 'click'.
That's the built-in ratchet letting you know you have it right. Then maybe another 1/2 turn just to seat it.

:D

NOTE TO NEWBIES ...... this is a joke .... do NOT tighten your truss rod 'till it clicks ............ that would be a bad thing and muttley would tell you you deserve it for being so gullible

I heard about this thread in The Cave, so I just had to post....

Lt Bob - you forgot the bit about doing a minimum three full turns at a time before checking the relief..:D

I heard about this thread in The Cave, so I just had to post....

Lt Bob - you forgot the bit about doing a minimum three full turns at a time before checking the relief..:D
I check the relief with a marble. You let it go at the nut and it should roll back and forth between the nut and the end of the neck at least twice before settling in at the 12th fret.

:)

I check the relief with a marble. You let it go at the nut and it should roll back and forth between the nut and the end of the neck at least twice before settling in at the 12th fret.

:)
However, this technique only works on fretless instruments. Unless the frets are, like, really really really worn. Or if the relief is over 2", the marble will roll regardless of what's in the way.

Yeah, great idea. And you can always use that mirror to check your hair while you're gigging.

Back