TRUE Systems Preamps

EleKtriKaz

Home (w)Rec'r
Don't know if anyone has heard of these. I hadn't until just recently. A guy I've been working with uses them both in the studio and on location. These things are really nice sounding! Very, very transparent. Very unimpressive looking though. I always thought they were some cheap thing just because of the look. I guess that'll teach me not to judge a book by its cover. He has the Precision 8 model. That's the one I've heard. Just thought I'd post a blurb about them in case people haven't heard about them.

I asked Fletcher about him -- he told me he hates them.... but I haven't heard them myself yet.... I think a colleague of mine is picking up some for his mobile rig, so I'll be able to hear them then...............

It may depend on the application. I've only heard them used on classical and jazz. They seemed to just get out of the way and let the mics do what they do.

Blue Bear Sound said:
I asked Fletcher about him -- he told me he hates them.... but I haven't heard them myself yet.... I think a colleague of mine is picking up some for his mobile rig, so I'll be able to hear them then...............

That's dissapointing.

I think that tone for tone, the P2 Analog 2 channel sounds better than the 8 channel. For clean transparent stuff, this is the real deal. They're not for rockers.. A great acoustic guitar with a nice mic will have dimension and sound like the source, only more. A ribbon through these is incredible. Fletcher has a problem with Neumann too.. They are the exclusive distributors of True. YMMV

Back