Trouble Mixing It Still Sounds Bad.

Iwannamix

I switched to Mac and my friend let me borrow is Logic to download. So now I'm having less trouble mixing but it still doesn't sound Good at all. It sounds not even a little professional. The Presence is there but blending in is what I'm having trouble with. I Get the EQ perfect then Compression I'm not sure what to do. Also would blending be a compression problem or more Reverb ?
:facepalm:

Yeah, it's hard to comment without hearing it. But you say you got it EQ'd perfect, what do you mean? Your not soloing a track, EQing it and the hopeing it'll sit in a mix are you?

So your saying that you switched from a convection oven and your cookies are still getting burned on the bottom, but they are kind of golden brown on the top but some of the chips aren't melting?

Is that the kind of question I'm reading? lol

post your attempts in the clinic and we can check them out.

also, it's been mentioned, but tracks that are EQed and compressed and sound awesome soloed rarely sound awesome in a mix. It's like in a choir if everyone is singing like a diva it's gonna suck and never blend. You need to work on creating space for each instrument with your EQ, and always (almost always) EQ in the mix, not soloed.

but, yeah post some stuff, it's always fun to listen and give advice.

Yeah, it's hard to comment without hearing it. But you say you got it EQ'd perfect, what do you mean? Your not soloing a track, EQing it and the hopeing it'll sit in a mix are you?
No I'm EQing it with the Beat playing.

Ill post an example

Back