Trouble mapping Novation SL MkII to Sonar x1's mixer

skoolafish

So I'm using automap with Sonar x1 and when I select mixer, it maps just fine to the instrument channels but not to the Master channel. I tried using the learn feature but the sl just learns one of the instrument channels again even though i move the master last.

Anybody have any insight?

I ended up selling my SL because of issues like this... I have read where folks do get everything mapped perfectly and use theirs seamlessly as a control surface, but it just never clicked with me... In all fairness to Sonar and Novation however, I didn't really put too much time into it before I lost interest... I had other things to tinker on that were higher on my studio priority list... Maybe check out the Cakewalk forums...?

Thanks BentRabbit. I meant to mention after a couple days, I contacted Novation support and was told this is not possible. No big loss...I ended up not purchasing Sonar X1 anyway (buying a Mac soon). Since I own Reason 6 and the SL works very well with that, I will see how the workflow suits me.

Good news. We updated automap to the latest beta version and it mapped to everything, including the master channels, just fine.It also maps to reason 6's SSL mixer including master without tweaking.

FYI, the beta is here.
beta.novationmusic.com/releases/automap/

Back