"Tropicalia". A happy musical exercise in hurricane relief.

SOUND DIAGNOSIS

Had 4 hours of fun last night relieving the stress of Hurricane Charlie and "his friends" the past month composing this synth-based piece. :( If it sounds like I had fun, you would be right! :D Enjoy and feel free to comment!

PS.....Pay no attention to the "time warp" at about 30 seconds. It sucks. :eek: :rolleyes:

"Tropicalia"

By God...it DOES sound like you had fun. I thought you did a good job of painting a musical picture. I see palm trees.

The timing thing you mentioned was weird...was it intentional?

chrisharris said:
By God...it DOES sound like you had fun. I thought you did a good job of painting a musical picture. I see palm trees.

The timing thing you mentioned was weird...was it intentional?

Hell no, Chris! That issue did not even phase me until I was done tracking. What a dork I am. :rolleyes: I played back the original initial track soloed(Marimba) with the metronome thingie and noticed I started to speed up ahead of the beat...and then had to slow down...uh...to catch up! LOL :eek: Ah screw it. Great experience using my mixer window for the first time and some real time FX in AA though. Twas a good exercise, indeed. Thanks for listening, Chris. Anymore stellar sonic shit coming out of your neck of the woods? Lemme know. I have been busy dodging canes' these days. ---Lee

Rockerbob said:
Fabulous! Very tropical! It's got me chair dancing!

I have done this thing called "chair dancing" before myself. :D Not much of a calorie burner, but then again I still remain quite svelt at 47. ;) Thanks for taking the time to listen, Bob.

Hey nice tune!! I love the bone passages. The time warp thingy is kinda disconcerting!! Plus some more "untimed" efforts.
But I get the gist of your expression!! Very nice. Odd that you would get this expression from a hurricane. Care to expand on this tune? some vox would be
good, since its allready catchy!!

T

Tonio said:
Hey nice tune!! I love the bone passages. The time warp thingy is kinda disconcerting!! Plus some more "untimed" efforts.
But I get the gist of your expression!! Very nice. Odd that you would get this expression from a hurricane. Care to expand on this tune? some vox would be
good, since its allready catchy!!

T

I am working on those timing issues as they are pissing me off big time. I live in a tropical paradise, so I made up a tropical sandwich, if you will. Simple. Vocals would fit in there somewhere for sure. Thanks for checking it out, Tonio. ---Lee

Back