Trition LE for wife?

deepwater

I just ordered my wife a Triton LE 76 key for her B-day. She’s an intermediate keyboard player and her old keyboard was a Roland RS5.

Do you guys think this was a decent step up for her? She’s not into to sampling and all that and I can’t play a lick on it. She just wanted something with some nice sounds that she could use parties and church events.

opps ment to drop this in the keyboard forum. So as not to double post just answer it here. I know alot of guys play keyboard too.

I know korg has not mastered piano sounds meaning they dont sound all that good. They have a some what synthetic sound. If pianos is what she is what she wants I would go with the yamaha so9. Its got some good piano sounds

You see a lot more Tritons on stage than you do yamahas. I have a Triton and the grand piano sounds very, very nice. She's gonna love the action.

Reactions: NL5
The Tritons boast a hugely sampled Bosendorfer and such, but I've never liked it all that much.

I think they had it right back in the 80s. My uber rare Korg C-6000 sounds more real than what they have now.

deepwater said:
I just ordered my wife a Triton LE 76 key for her B-day. She’s an intermediate keyboard player and her old keyboard was a Roland RS5.

Do you guys think this was a decent step up for her? She’s not into to sampling and all that and I can’t play a lick on it. She just wanted something with some nice sounds that she could use parties and church events.

Was it really for her? lol :D

Thanks guys -

I got it from sweetwater so I have a 45 day eval. on it. I know each keyboard brand has its strengths. My brother has a Roland Fantom, Korg o1w, Trinity, Roland A90, Motif, and takes sounds from all of them to get the perfect sound he's looking for.

Im sure my wife will be happy with it. She has mentioned wanting this keyboard a couple of times.

Oops...The title of this thread gave me the inpression you were asking if it was a fair trade. "Trition LE for wife?"

(I'd say, go for the Triton)

Well me and my wife droped by our local music store to grab a few cables and low-and-behold there are 2 Triton Le's setting there. One was a 76 key and the other an 88 key. My wife says If I get on of these I want the 88 key because it has weighted keys.

So now Ill have to ship back the 76 and reorder the 88 key. I had no idea that the 88 key version was so much nice then the 76 key.

RAMI said:
Oops...The title of this thread gave me the inpression you were asking if it was a fair trade. "Trition LE for wife?"

(I'd say, go for the Triton)

I thought so too! I guess it's time to take my caveman mentality down to the cave.

deepwater said:
So now Ill have to ship back the 76 and reorder the 88 key. I had no idea that the 88 key version was so much nice then the 76 key.

Yeah, its the nature of keys - they only make good piano-like action on the full-sized models. I'm jealous either way ;)

Now she's changed her mind again and I cancelled the 88 key LE an ordered the 88 key Triton Extreme. After going to the music store with here we where both blown away by how good the Triton Extreme sounded.

bigwillz24 said:
You could have hooked a tube di box up to the LE and got the same effect...

it's the only reason I hold on to the bellari mp105.. :D

Theres more to it then that. It sounded so much more rich and full plus the screen and menus where easier to move around. I knoww I want have no regrets. With the LE I would be telling myself I should have got the extreme

I hear ya man, when I got my LE literally two weeks later the extreme came out... I was pissed then I really started listening to the sounds of the thing and realized I had the exact same sounds only without a tube on them...

Then I started listening to the Motif and realized hey this thing sounds better than my Korg all together...

So for about the last year or so I've been kicking myself over why I didn't get one of them instead...

Back