Triggers -

haystacker99and

Does anyone record with triggers? If so, what is your set up and which drums do you use them on... In my mind it goes like this.....
Drum----trigger attached-----trigger goes to some kind of box------box goes to interface or whatever your recording on.
How close am I? Are there advatages to using triggers? How much am I looking at spending to have the manageability of electric drums, with the feel and sound of acoustic.

When I need to, I will trigger all the drums. I use Ddrum triggers and just plug them right into the mic inputs on my board and record them just like I would if they were mics. Then I use drumagog to replace the trigger impulses with samples of real drums.

Sometimes I mic the drums as well and blend the samples with the real drum sound. I always use real cymbals mic'd up with overheads.

Recording-wise, I've always just used software triggers if I need to, because you can change the velocity sensor, mix volume etc. and automate everything throughout the song if you want.

I have recently been thinking of getting a couple of roland triggers to use with my TD6 when playing live though.

Back