Triggering loops live?

shackx2

So, I love playing with my Acid loops and am amassing a pretty good library. I'm a solo singer/songwriter and I play guitar.

I'd love to start using some of these loops that I jam to into my coffee house gigs. I have a laptop that can run the loops easily, my problem is figuring out how to trigger them when my hands are full playing guitar and singing at the same time.

My question is two-fold: Would Acid be a good program to try to trigger these loops? Is there another program that might do this better? Is there a way to set up different "tracks" in Acid to be triggered via Midi?

If so, would I be able to set it up to trigger loops using any little midi guitar pedal by assigning different loops/tracks to different pedals?

It's an idea, and I'm needing somebody to tell me if it will work or not.

thanks.

-shack

This wouldn't fix the "full hands" problem, but my band and another band I know uses Back To Basics
From the website.
Turn your computer keyboard into a full fledged real-time digital audio research, experimentation, and performance laboratory.

You can trigger as many samples/loops that you want at any time from pressing whatever key it's assigned to. It's small and very handy for that stuff.

It's shareware, but cheaper than other programs that do the same thing.

http://www.reinformation.com/orisoft/btb/btb8/btb8.html

No, I don't work for them. Good plug though.

Back