Triggering from pre-recorded audio?

Shack Studio

i have some drums that where recorded really badly but played well and i was wondering if there is a program where (if i take out the bleed and gate each drum) i can choose a midi sound and just use the pre recorded audio to trigger it?

any help would be appreciated, cheers.

This is common practice, especially in home/project studios where one might not have access to the best drums/room/mics, etc. Some people call it cheating, but I call it 'making use of tools available' :)

The most popular plugin for doing this is called Drumagog
http://www.drumagog.com/

You don't even need to gate it, just load up the plugin on each track and select the samples you want to trigger.

thankyou :), the demo is really good... just a question anything similar that is a little cheaper? im a bit strapped for cast at the mo. cheers.

something cheaper.. but probably infinitely more complicated...

Would depend on the number of tracks you used for drums. But in a nutshell, create a MIDI track, and manually create the notes and line them up with the waveforms on the drum tracks.

Then use a sampler program to select the samples you want for each MIDI notes.

Not sure if i'm explaining it very clearly, and it would be a royal pain in the ass to do. lol. But it wouldn't cost very much... lots of free sampler vst's out there. I think it would probably just be doing manually what other programs would do for you.

Back