Tried to write a perfect 3 minute single but it's 3.01

cardiff jon

Hi all, it's been 12 years since I last posted but I haven't forgotten the great feedback I got here all those years ago. 67 now but having written over 60 books I've decided to give that up to perfect the craft of songwriting, now aided and abetted by my 11 year-old daughter. Recently dug out an old song I'd forgotten I'd ever written and noticed it had a decent melody and some kind of weird augmented chords which sounded nice, so got out the piano, synth and guitars and made this: . Please tell me I'm not wasting my time.

Nice work Jon...strikes me you wrote the last song of the album first. Thats got a lovely lilting melancholy to it ideal for the closing note. What kind of thing do you write?

Mark

Nice work Jon...strikes me you wrote the last song of the album first. Thats got a lovely lilting melancholy to it ideal for the closing note. What kind of thing do you write?

Mark
Thanks Mark, most of my books are for kids (if that's what you're referring to), usually humourous. Had a lot of success in the noughties, been downhill since then!

This is awesome! I'm glad you're giving songwriting a try. It's a really fun and rewarding thing to do. I'm sure you'll be able to create some great music with your daughter. Keep us posted on your progress!

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation
Many thanks Synth Dev - I should clarify that I have been writing songs since I was about 16, just taking it more seriously now, hence the return to this forum..

Hi cardiff jon,
Welcome back, and thanks for sharing!!!
Your 11-yr old has the right idea, get back into it.
She probably heard some things from you that she wants you to spread around.
Nicely done, for somebody that been out of it for 12 years.
The lyrics would be helpful for us viewers.
The melody is very relaxing and mellow, and I love it!
Again, thanks for sharing.
Rene
Thanks Rene, I'll have a listen to your stuff.

Back