Travellin' That Road - First Ever Lyrics

rob aylestone

In a topic recently, we were talking about lyrics, and I said I'd never really even listened to lyrics, let alone written any. Well, today after spending some time on the usual synthy-cheesy pads with sad music the key, a sort of more up-beat tune popped into my head, and rather than keys, it was a guitar song - another thing I don't really do.

It did mean I'd have to sing it - so for that part, I beg forgiveness - but I think it's OK for a first attempt so late in my musical life.

I'm not sure what it really is in terms of style - but it has a beginning and end and even a sort of structure.

Attachments

• travelin' that road.mp3
    10 MB
Sounds a bit like the Moody Blues to me - the progression, ethereal backing vocals and guitar - I like it. With a good hook for a chorus it could fit right in with the late 60's early 70's rock scene. I really like the kick drum you've got there.

I’d not thought of that but you’re right, the descending bit. There’s even a minor 6 in there too. The drums are quite ‘old school’ too. Cheers

Dig it!
When I heard the first verse I instantly wanted to do harmony, and then, there it was!
Nicely done sir!

Bravo! I started listening with the laptop speakers and stopped, plugged in the headphones and gave it a real listen. I think I would pull the reverb back to make the vocals a bit easier to understand. Your voice is really pretty darn good. Nice harmonies. No forgiveness needed there, my friend.

Lovely song. I'm the same way as you with lyrics. Really don't pay much attention to them.

A bit too much reverb on the vocals for my taste. Makes them get lost within the mix. But otherwise very nice job. :thumbs up:

Did you want to post a mono file? It seemed like it was missing something, so I pulled it down and put it in Audacity and it was just a single channel.

It's a really nice song and I really like the lyrical content as well. It really suits the overall vibe of the track. Also, I really like the tone of your voice...it somewhat reminds me of Eric Johnson and his singing style (although, your singing/tone is very unique in it's own way, obviously) :)

Back