Trash Can

Bulls Hit

I was getting rid of old projects to make room on my hard drive and I found this one from May 2016 that was never finished for some reason.
It's got a kind of melancholy chord progression that I quite like so I'm not sure why it was forgotten/discarded. Anyway I added some bass and rubbed down a few corners. Does it sound a little rough in spots?
Happy to hear any suggestions

Last edited:
I was getting rid of old projects to make room on my hard drive and I found this one from May 2016 that was never finished for some reason.
It's got a kind of melancholy chord progression that I quite like so I'm not sure why it was forgotten/discarded. Anyway I added some bass and rubbed down a few corners. Does it sound a little rough in spots?
First thing is you got play every thing in time - it's really distracting.

Sounds pretty good.
The "Peter Gunn" Synths are a bit too loud on headphones. Great drumming.
OK let me check the synths. There is one part that's got 4 tracks. They're old cakewalk softsynths and I don't have them installed on this machine. Thanks for the spin

Never, ever, get rid of old projects. Disk space is irrelevant as it’s dirt cheap. Old projects can be life savers, even bad ones if you can find that ten second riff you need!

That was excellent. I think you should expand on this as it feels underdeveloped, but the finadamental ideas are strong. Reminds me of king crimson. Great guitar tones, and I like the use of the stereo spectrum.

Aside from some of the stuff being a fraction of a second off time, I find it very creative and cool. Sounds like NIN. Resurrect it. Is it an instrumental or are there lyrics?

Nice drum sound. Good guitar tones, that opening progression is really cool. That synth part that comes in after the guitars im a little meh about. The second part i liked alot that sinister high melody off the bassy synths. Yes there are some timing errors, guitars are behind the beat in the open and some of the synths arpeggiate faster than the beat. Whether you find that distracting enough to redo is up to you, i think a bass guitar might also help to gel things together more if it was locked in with the drums, might help to fill the sonic spectrum a little more also. Good creative ideas and good sounds!

Never, ever, get rid of old projects. Disk space is irrelevant as it’s dirt cheap. Old projects can be life savers, even bad ones if you can find that ten second riff you need!
I hear ya rob. But in my defence I did clear out some irredeemably horrible noises and disposed of them where they belonged. That's right, the Trash

That was excellent. I think you should expand on this as it feels underdeveloped, but the finadamental ideas are strong. Reminds me of king crimson. Great guitar tones, and I like the use of the stereo spectrum.
Hey thanks for the feedback. I probably won't do anything more with this. I've stripped out and removed as much as I can so it seems done to me. Been experimenting lately with panning everything either hard to the sides or down the middle instead of sprinkling stuff around. Cheers frank

Aside from some of the stuff being a fraction of a second off time, I find it very creative and cool. Sounds like NIN. Resurrect it. Is it an instrumental or are there lyrics?
No lyrics for this one. I'll take NIN any day of the week. Thanks for the kind words

Nice drum sound. Good guitar tones, that opening progression is really cool. That synth part that comes in after the guitars im a little meh about. The second part i liked alot that sinister high melody off the bassy synths. Yes there are some timing errors, guitars are behind the beat in the open and some of the synths arpeggiate faster than the beat. Whether you find that distracting enough to redo is up to you, i think a bass guitar might also help to gel things together more if it was locked in with the drums, might help to fill the sonic spectrum a little more also. Good creative ideas and good sounds!
Not much I can do about the synths but I'll go back and have a go at lining up the guitars, maybe I can nudge them around a bit. There is actually a bass in there but you can't hear it? I'm guessing I'll need to pull that up. Thanks for the suggestions

Yeah Drums sound really good, bass up a bit would be good , give it a little more drive I think, really like the way you use synth patterns in your music! I didn't really find the guitars to distracting timing wise.

Yeah Drums sound really good, bass up a bit would be good , give it a little more drive I think, really like the way you use synth patterns in your music! I didn't really find the guitars to distracting timing wise.
Hay man thanks for listening. I've lifted the bass a little, nudged things around. Think I'm done

Sounds nicely mixed to me man. Inventive track. Everything sounds in place here, well balanced. I wouldn't have forgotten about that in my hard drive for 6 years, lol.

Back