transposing audio

vask100

i'm a sonar 4 user who's transposed a number of audio files since i've begun with this particular DAW. however, i've noticed on occasion that certain files, randomly so, won't accept a transpose function. they've been .wav files and/or mp3's, which i sometimes use for samples/loops from real instruments or old songs etc. is there some logical reason this occurs, and/or how can i get past this; it's frustrating, and most recently i was importing a piece of an mp3 guitar sample that just doesn't change. any suggestions would be helpful; i'm wondering in the case of mp3's do they need some type of conversion or are certain waves less prone to changing because of their inherent frequencies. is there a conversion issue when imported? is there another audio editor that works around this? i have soundforge and wavelab (lite).

thanks.

I think Sonar converts mp3 to wav on import- maybe your mp3 sampling rate is too low? Or maybe Sonar 4 had issues that may have been addressed in later versions? Or maybe you are running out of resources (computer) on a transpose.

Back