Transposing a note in Sonar less than a semi-tone

SBax

Is there any way to raise the pitch of one note in an audio clip about a half semi-tone? I have a good vocal take with one slightly off note. The rest are on and I know I'll never get a take that good again. I can't reproduce the compression, eq, and reverb when I tried overdubbing because I never wrote down the settings. So, the overdub has a different "amibience". The transpose function only goes in semi-tones increments. Thanks.

Can't you just use the Cakewalk Pitchshifter on that note? Just put in the new pitch in % of the original pitch, and experiment with some settings...

Autotune, RBC Voice Tweaker or OB Tune are the tools that are really designed for this type of application.

If you don't want to invest in another program, pitch shifter *might* work OK on just a single note. (The Transpose command, I think, is designed for midi rather than audio.)

The Transpose command, I think, is designed for midi rather than audio
Damn right it is...

Autotune, RBC Voice Tweaker or OB Tune are the tools that are really designed for this type of application
Yeah, but they cost a *little* money... I think using the Pitchshifter is a good, free alternative. I've used it many times (but it takes a lot of time when there are many mistakes). If you have the money, I agree with Dachay2tnr: Go for Autotune (or one of the others).

Skip the obtune I like an idiot jumped on it because of the price and was sorry.It only sounds good with the mildest of settings.
On the other hand I tried a demo of autotune(which you should do)and thats the real deal baby!

You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Back