Transporting audio files from Cakewalk to Protools..Urgent Help!!!

nisthana

I have Cakewalk Music creator using which i have recorded some 20 tracks or so for a song. I need a way so I can bundle all these tracks in a way which will keep all tracks in place with respect to each other. This way, I can import these tracks in time in Protools. Protools has a way of doing this. You can select all tracks and then "group" them together so if you export the "group", all tracks will be exported (to wav i guess) and all tracks will save their respective positions. This is not bouncing all tracks into a single track. I want to know if there is way to do this in CW ?
The reason I need this is because the sound engineer who will mix my audio uses Protools and I have to give him either a bundle of all wav files which he can import in Protools, with all wav files in time, or have to give him individual wav files and he has to put them all together manually to re-assemble my song in protools.
Please any help would be appreciated. All you experts there, please do help me.

there is a glitch in protools in regards to the OMF file transfer between other programs like cubase,sonar, logic etc.. I believe it is digidesigns way of trying to corner and monopolize the market so you will have to pay thousands of dollars to use their equipment only in order to use protools.I have read that some people are working around the problems using wav files and usi9ng quicktime pro and importing the data that way. Maybe you could try that..

I'm guessing that CW Music Creator doesn't have the capability to export OMF files anyway - so it's probably a moot point.

The only way I can see doing this would be to export each track individually as a wave file. You can always put a click somewhere at the beginning of each track to use for alignment purposes; however, I think if you export each track from the beginning of the project, you should be OK alignment-wise when you import them into Pro Tools.

Quick and dirty way is to use the mixdown function on each track seperately, this will give you a wav file for each track that will line up perfectly if you start them all at the beginning of the song in protools.

Back