Traditional Christmas tune with a little Rock Vibe to it........

not sure why no one looked at this one yet???
you might want to conside reviewing some of the other peoples tunes... ;)

anyway... sounds cool...
the opening celo was strange ... hm... also that acc gtr all the way to one side is distracting in headphones... like you said it's not finished... there is alot good ideas, playing and sounds... and ye drums sound a little wierd but the performance is there ... it does have unfinished feel to it but maybe it just becuase you said it :D ...

cheers

THIS IS NOT the chipmunks version !!!!

:D

gdaze-
i like this version! i think i'll keep it for christmas time......i'm tired of all those old versions.
and if i hear the chipmunks version of this one more time.............. LOL
acoustic sounds great, did you say you did that with a 57?
yeah, the drums feel in human time (there's some issues with meter there, the groove is lurchy) but the sounds do sound triggered..... the chunky rhythm guitar part at the end just aggravates and amplifies the drum track issues.......
and i ask this question of myself, as well, is there anything you can do to take midi, or triggered, or sampled drum sounds to make them sound more live? is it just a matter of finding the right kind of reverb, with the right size room, and decay, and reflections..... just like a real drum sound would have, except for the room sound picked up by the microphone.........? well, rich, if you figure it out, let me in on it too!
nice harmonies, a smooth performance. i think you should try a mix with no drums, let the rhythm guitar be the meter maker, and maybe add some hand percusion.

I'm with Fed. The beginning threw me. I really liked the arrangement, especially the 2nd time through.
I didn't understand what the problem was with the drums until I read Gonzo's post, But I noticed the "lurchy" sound too. However I think this arrangement calls for drums, and I would rather fix them than leave them out.
You have an excellent voice, and it really shines on this piece.

Twist

Thanks Guys, I am definatly going to redo the drums on this piece. It seems to be unanimous. I kinda knew this before I even posted it, but I wanted to get some opinions from the group. Thanks for the feed back.

Rich

Sounds good!

I think you really captured the feel of the song while updating it.

The only things I heard were,some of the harmonies between 2:24 & 2;40 were off slightly,and I think the guitar lead part would sound better panned straight up.
Was it stereo,I only got sound out of my right speaker.
It sounds a little trebely also.
IMHO

The solo vocal and guitar sounded so good on the intro,I would finish the song that way,give it a more lasting impact.
The solo picking might sound better panned closer to the voice,or in stereo.

You said it was going on an album,so I'm being overly picky.
Hope that's o.k.:)

The staccato strings were a nice touch.
They fit real well.

Overall, very nice job indeed!
I enjoyed it.

Best to you,
Pete

Back