Tracks out of sync

Tommy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slackmaster2K:
This is most likely a timing issue with your soundcard. In n-Track, for instance, any lag between playback and recording will be displayed while recording. You then set a lag value under properties to compensate.

Not sure how it works in Power Tracks. You might consider downloading n-Track and giving it a whirl.

BTW, you're not using two soundcards are you?

Slackmaster 2000
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I'm not using two soundcards. Where is the properties selection for the lag time? Should it be within the Power Tracks program or in the control panel? Thanks for your help.

Tommy

I know this is an n-track forum, but I didn't see a Power Tracks forum, so I was wondering if someone here may be able to answer this question. I have recently started using Power Tracks. First I recorded a rhythm guitar track. I saved that track, and then went to add a violin track. While I was recording the violin track, Power Tracks was playing back the acoustic guitar rhythm track through my home stereo speakers so I could hopefully mix them together. I saved the violin track and played back the violin and guitar demo. At first, the violin seemed like it was in sync with the guitar track. Further into the song, the violin was noticably more and more out of sync with the guitar. Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

This is most likely a timing issue with your soundcard. In n-Track, for instance, any lag between playback and recording will be displayed while recording. You then set a lag value under properties to compensate.

Not sure how it works in Power Tracks. You might consider downloading n-Track and giving it a whirl.

BTW, you're not using two soundcards are you?

Slackmaster 2000

Back