Track Rat: C1000 question

Cave Dweller

I just read in a post that you enjoy the C1000 on snare, and toms. How do you keep the mic from overloading? I tried it a while ago on snare, I couldn't get it to work well at all. Mind you, it was a rock project, I suppose it might work better for softer stuff. any ideas?

It wasn't the preamp that was breaking up, it was definately the mic. And as far as i know, there isn't a pad on the C1000.

Cave Dweller said:
It wasn't the preamp that was breaking up, it was definately the mic. And as far as i know, there isn't a pad on the C1000.

DJL said try using *a* pad. You can buy them at any reasonably well stocked electronics stores or possibly Guitar Center.

Good Luck.

I've tracked very aggressive drummers with it and never had problems with the mic clipping. Sure it wasn't the preamp?

I was using Phantom from my Allen & Heath, which i know to be 48 volts. And it for sure wasn't the pre. The Allen & Heath has a pad, and i traced the problem to the mic. I tried something else, and continued the project.

Maybe i'll just have to try it again, it was quite a while ago when i tried it.

Yeah, give it another try... and try the C1000S's on the mounted rack toms... you might be surprised.

Back