Track Offset

imalion

I am trying to figure out how to do some track offsetting on my BR-8. I want to thicken up the vocals on one of my songs, and I just cant figure out the whole offset thing. What I am hoping to do is copy the vocal track to another blank track and then offset the copied track.

Am I missing something simple?

Steven

I dont know how to offset with a BR8 but you may not be that happy with the results. You can acheive the same thing with a quick delay effect. If you want to thicken it up you will probably be better off using compression. If you just double the sound it will be like adding a slight chorus effect, which you could do that also.

To really thicken it up sing the part again on another track and try to match the singing as close as possible. This is how real vocal doubling is done and if you are going to sacrifice another track you might as well do it right.

Thanks for your response... The tips you gave are the methods I have been using. So, it sounds like I am doing things right. I just wanted to check.

Thanks.

Steven

BTW.. Is there any situation offsetting is recommended? Guitars/Drums or anything else?

Back