Track from new concept LP i released

My first thought is to replace the drums with something better. EZDrummer, Additive Drums, Steven Slate, whatever. The drums in the intro came off as cheesy. Though later on the kick sounded good and meaty. A nice thump.

My second thought is to lose the doubled vocal effect. It doesn't work at all. It doesn't fit the rest of the song, the other instruments. The effect puts the vocal in a different space from the instruments. You can use a slapback echo, but pull it back so it isn't noticeable. Then a fair amount of reverb, but not over-done.

It's an ambitious project and I can see where you want to go with it. Good start and keep tweaking it a bit.

Cheers.

The hi-hat and vocals are probably too loud. (The former needs to come down enough to not overpower the snare. The latter needs to come down enough to not overpower everything.)

I like the brass interlude.
Bass tone is good and plays nicely with the kick.
Acoustic sounds good.

I have no problems with the mix. I don't even have a problem with the song, it has some great parts. But, for me, there's something missing. I think it's that it paddles along at the same pace. Till the voice came in (and the voice sounds great) I loved it. Everything was perfect. The drop off and brass part, excellent. It just needs something more, or perhaps something different.

On a completely personal preference... I love an overwhelming amount of reverb on vocals like these. Like Jullee Cruise reverb.

Was the distorted vocals purposeful? If it was good job....if it wasn't, then a good mistake. I think they sounded pretty good. Interesting song....I really dig it. Sounds really raw and nicely done.

Was the distorted vocals purposeful? If it was good job....if it wasn't, then a good mistake. I think they sounded pretty good. Interesting song....I really dig it. Sounds really raw and nicely done.

yeah it definately was, i used a tape saturation effects on the master and the vocals if you were curious.

lol the track is actually sort of meant to paddle along, like paddling along a long trail lolololol

r u sayin you want more reverb?

thank ya thank ya, and yes i agree that those two are a bit too loud, i probably could have had more ears on it before i released it, but Im not a big deal anyway lol

Back