Track 2 of My Instrumental EP

I thought overall it sounds pretty good, the guitar sounds are good and you have created a pretty convincing audio collage which has a nice presence. For me the the upper mids of the percussion sit back a little too far and sound a little constrained but I don't think the top end of that element needs to come forward with it, so finding that balance will require a good ear if you happen to think there is some value in what I have offered. The melodic and harmonic content is interesting to hear and refreshingly not just a showcase for some anonymous fret tapping and high speed licks which actually deliver very little. Maybe a little more punch in the bottom end could also be considered.

Thanks for the listen

Tim

Ok, here is the final version with some added piano at the front and end. I think it's ready for mastering, any thoughts on the final mix?

Good, clear recording. The cymbals at the beginning were very clear, and distinct.

But I kept waiting for either some vocals, or a good guitar solo...... :rolleyes:

Good, clear recording. The cymbals at the beginning were very clear, and distinct.

But I kept waiting for either some vocals, or a good guitar solo...... :rolleyes:

All the other songs on the album have long, continuous guitar solos, so for this one I wanted to switch it up and just make more of a heavy rythm track

Back