Toys R Us plastic Drums, recorded in garage on analog tape - Win a Grammy? Yep.

personally, i'm surprised to read the negative replies to dave grohl's message at all. i think it's really cool that he tried something different and it worked. if he wants to tell people that he recorded it in a garage and with 2inch tape, he should. especially on a nationally recognized stage, that is so often celebrating a popularity contest. -- how many people on this site love to talk about what they've done with their recording projects?

i really appreciated the effort in this foo fighters project. they decided to do it.... did it as they said they would... and were recognized for their efforts... seems like an all around home run to me.

i haven't followed dave grohl's career closely but i would say that what he has done is worth listening to and provided inspiration to a lot of people.

s

I'm a Dave Grohl fan. Nirvana-as cheasy and typical as it sounds- is one of my early "life changing bands".
I own some FF stuff. But I only listen to it casually. And I love the documentary of theirs from last year.
But, like miro said- that wasn't a "garage".
And yeah they recorded to tape, but they still edited. It just wasn't as easy.
It's not like they recorded all of the tracks unprocessed and live.

They should've released it exclusively on cassette. That would've been something. ;)

Back